Peroneal Tendinitis

Hello FB Community! For the past few weeks I've been dealing with peroneal tendinitis, which affects my foot, outside of my ankle and overall stability. Its been very frustrating to deal with.

I’m wondering if anyone here has dealt with this type of injury before, or other injuries involving the peroneal tendons? And if you don’t mind sharing what your experience was like?

For me, I’ve been in a walking boot for almost 4 weeks now, though I may be able to start weaning out of it next week. And while I plan to continue following up with my doctor as well as do PT, I’m still concerned about how its healing and what the long term might look like.

In all my research regarding this injury I’ve found many articles and information from a doctor’s perspective, medical jargon and all, but haven’t seen much along the lines of first hand accounts from a patient's perspective. So I thought I’d put it out to the FB community to see of anyone here had experience with this type of injury and if you could offer any info or insight as to recovery and long term management. Thanks!