Push-up group: Week 17 Check-in

Hello fellow pushers,

hard to believe that yet another month has come and gone. It's strange how it feels like time moves through molasses and flies by at the same time.

So here we are, time to review the month and set goals for the next one.

My only goal this month was to maintain the habit of training for push-ups by regularly doing some lighter push-up training. Through the months I increased the difficulty - did some knee push-ups (which my knees don't like) and this week I started to go back to inclined push-ups - first on a higher elevantion, today on the lower one I had been using before my injury. I have definitely lost some of my push-up strength, could only do about half of the inclined push-ups I was able to do before. But half is better than none. So my goal for next month will be to recover some of my push-up strength. I plan on training for push-ups on 13 days focusing on inclined push-ups and negative push-ups at first and full push-ups towards the end of the month.

What are your goals for push-up training in May?

For all those stumbling across this group the first time:

Purpose of the group is to improve our ability to do push-ups. Everyone is welcome, wherever your starting point is. Set a goal - for the month or the year, make a plan for your training and go. The group is here to cheer you on.

My personal goal is: to be able to do 10 full push-ups in a row by the end of the year. I am currently able to do 2-3 full push-ups.