Physio told me to lose weight today

Hi everyone, I went to see the physio today after a bad few days with lower back pain (which has been ongoing for a year now). She was really helpful and gave me plenty of exercises to do, and tips etc.,

Then she asked me about my diet, and kindly spoke to me about losing weight. She was so friendly about it and I totally understand that it's her job to make sure I'm healthy, it was just a little bit upsetting to hear. I of course know I'm overweight but hearing it from a professional is a wake up call.

For reference, I'm around 2.5 stone (35 pounds) overweight. I did lose a stone in the first 6 months of 2020 then I have gradually put it all back on again. I really want to take it seriously now and put my health first. Apart from when my bad is particularly bad, I am very active. I completed Fit Round 2 in November last year and can do most level 4-5 workouts. Clearly where I'm going wrong is my nutrition.

I know one of my biggest problems is portion control. I tend to eat the same amount as my partner, who is much bigger than me (I'm only 5 foot 1). I also tend to fall short at the weekend, with drinking too much alcohol and indulging in too many treats. I have never been one for trying to restrict myself too much, or trying any fad diets - I just want healthy sustainable weight loss. I just find it incredibly hard as I'm an emotional eater.

I would love it if anyone could give me any tips on how they have lost weight as an emotional eater, or any help in general.

I also wanted to just get some support, as I'm feeling pretty down right now. Thanks :)