M

Keep Me Accountable

In the past couple months, I have started a new job and have been working on a house remodel. I’ve really fallen off the wagon when it comes to nutrition. I have maintained my 5-6 days a week workouts, but I can definitely tell my energy levels and ability to work hard through my workouts have suffered because of my nutrition. I decided to share my planned meals today to help keep me on track.

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of whole-grain whole-wheat toast with a tiny smear of real butter

AM Snack: Banana

Lunch: Whole grain wrap with turkey, cheddar cheese, and spinach with triple zero yogurt

PM Snack: mini-sweet peppers and carrots with garlic hummus

Dinner: Whole wheat pasta with Italian roasted chicken and peas (I mix it all together after everything is cooked and add a drizzle of olive oil and a little Parmesan cheese.

I know it probably isn’t perfect, but my goal for this week is to add in more veggies. I have noticed the last month or so I have really been slacking on my veggie consumption, so that’s my first goal and step in the process. I try to make small changes every couple of weeks instead of one big change.