HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group April 8th

Good day everyone!

The photo is either canola or rapeseed (I can't tell the difference) I encountered on my run. The bright yellow is such an uplifting color. I hope it gives you some energy, too.

“A bend in the road is not the end of the road… Unless you fail to make the turn.” - Helen Keller

I had to look up who Helen Keller was, though her name sounded familiair. She was a writer who became deaf-blind at an early age and after reading what she did with her life I was very impressed. So I wanted to share a quote of hers about perseverance.

Reason for this: I'm feeling a tiny bit down, just having read my mail. I had approached a local company about their website (which had pretty poorly written text on it), offering to correct it for them. It would be great if I could do work like that from home to put my talents to use in a Lara-friendly way. However, they declined, saying they were onto it already. I'm not the most perseverant when it comes to work (especially since this has been a difficult issue since my teens) and at first I felt a pang of self-pity (I know, not pretty). Reading about a woman who was deaf-blind and who seemed to have had buckets of perseverance helped me. I'm not a believer anymore of "you can achieve anything you want as long as you work hard for it", because of personal experiences and issues, but it does help me not to dwell on this rejection. It's not the end of the road. I think a balanced combination of putting things into perspective and self-compassion is healthy to get you through life.

Now, for workouts. What are you doing today? The weather has finally cleared up, so I felt it was safe enough to go for a run (no hailstorms anymore).

As always, feel free to share whatever you want. I hope you all have a good, satisfying Thursday.