The Surprising Benefits of Taking a Break

Hey fb community,

Just over two weeks ago, in the middle of fb abs, I stopped working out with FB consistently because of an activity i was doing at school. During this break from workouts, an amazing thing happened - I was way less concerned with guilting myself over my eating and exercising. Before this break, if i missed a day of exercise or a workout, I would beat myself up. If i ate a peice of cake, I would berate myself about it all day. It was no fun, and helped me develop a guilt complex where I would feel bad about not pushing hard enough in workouts/not making progress/occasionally eating bad/etc. This would lead to me not wanting to exercise at all. (A vicious circle). But magically, during this break, my concerns about all this disappeared. I still ate healthy, of course, but when I indulged in a cookie every so often, I didn't make myself feel terrible about it. In the end, I feel better about how I'm treating myself emotionally. I think this will make me more likely to exercise consistently in the future.

I'm not sure why my perspective changed over this pause from exercise - but I want to remind everyone how important it is to not guilt yourself too much, because in the end, this leads to quitting and just a bigger struggle overall. This week over spring break, I'm going to start back into FB workouts and finish FB abs with this new mentality in mind.

I hope this can help some people who are suffering from an overly guilty conscience like i so typically have!