Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Week 13 goal evaluation / Quarterly review

We are at ¼ of the year, so I thought I should check the goals I set for this year and see how I am doing:

Goals for the entire year:

*Boulder all level 4 boulders with ease:

-Be able to do 10 consecutive full body push-ups

-Be able to do at least one (assisted) pull-up

-improved finger grip

Since we can’t boulder, this is still the same. The push ups are still difficult. I can do 9 consecutive on my knees (that is a +1 since the beginning of the year). I can’t practice pull-ups anywhere, so this is a bit at a stand still.

*Lose 8 kg slowly so it stays of (goalweight 67 kg)

-eat clean / healthy breakfast and lunch

-eat clean / healthy snacks: morning and afternoon

-less bacon!

Doing pretty good on that one. I am at 70.9 kg right now, so I’m halfway.It is going slowly, but nice and steady. My calorie allotment goal for this month is not going great. I’ve already gone over 4 times and only stayed within my TDEE once, we celebrated my son’s birthday and ate a lot. I planned on staying within the 1900 kcal for 25/30 days, so the rest of the month has to be lots better.. I might have to give myself some slack later this month, but I will try to stay within the 1900 for the rest of the month. That means a lot of planning! The less bacon part is going pretty good, so is the clean eating (except for this week).

*Flexibility: wide stance toe touch with both hands on the floor

-improve flexibility of the psoas: stretching more often

My NSV this week was my thighs touching my heels in child’s pose. I can put my hands on the floor with a wide stance toe touch, just not flat yet. The psoas stretches: not happening. I have a hard time doing extra stretches.

*Assisted hand stance

-get over fear!! :)

-improved core strength

-improved arm strength

Also: not doing this. I am lifting heavier so my arms are getting stronger, I think my core is too, but I am not working on my handstand.

So, with all of that, this week I will:

check if I can still do my yoga headstand, I have not done that in a while. If that goes well, I might try working on a handstand.

Plan and prep all meals for the rest of the week so I can stay within the 1900 kcal.

Keep lifting heavy.

How are you doing? Is your fitnessyear going as planned? Did you have plans to start with?