Food and Weight and Exercise

I've been reading the board every day. I have read a whole lot where women say they can't lose weight even though they're working out and watching their diets. Well, I keep seeing the same thing over and over.

I know - being born in 1962 - that women were raised to eat lettuce and ice cubes basically. Ladies....let me throw some science on you. Bodies in starvation mode hold fat. Bodies that are not getting enough calories think they are starving and hold fat. Women who eat less than 2000 calories a day (who work out) are in starvation mode.

This is from Lance Armstrong's site: According to their calculations, sedentary females aged 26 to 50 need 1,800 calories per day and sedentary men aged 26 to 40 need 2,400 calories per day. When men get 40 and above, their calorie needs decrease by 200 calories. Add in some moderate activity, and that same female is now needing 2,000 calories and an active man needs 2,600 calories. (UCLA study - etc)

For reference sake, I will use Thursday from my day as an example:

I was up and moving around, like walking or standing or whatever, for 12 hours and 52 minutes. I took 13,580 steps. I burned 3,582 calories in that 24 hour period. I did a work out in there as well somewhere which is included in the total numbers of the day.

Now - let's go to Friday. I was active for 12 hours and 19 minutes. 13,128 steps. 3,437 calories burned.

Sunday: I didn't work out, I took a few naps. I rested. 10.25 hours active. 8.792 steps. 3,013 calories burned. NO WORK OUT.

Are you seeing what I'm talking about yet Ladies? I'm not out here running marathons. I'm doing housework and taking care of my family and and and.

Please - PLEASE - do your own research. Don't just take my word for it. But PLEASE eat more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!