Encouragement!

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to drop in with a line of encouragement. I don't have a Before:After type story that can be seen in pictures, as much as how I feel now. (Although, there definitely are some aspects of my body I've noticed changed! I lost about 5kg unintentionally, but also kept up a reasonable weight, gained SO much more muscle than I ever used to have, and hey, even began gaining some pretty groovy abs. ;) I never had a goal, except to be healthy and get stronger. I was always weak, and I have struggled with some illnesses and a few medical issues, but I feel so. much. better. than I did a year ago!

Just little things, like being able to do chin-ups like a breeze, or being able to go on hard mountain climbs without puffing till my face goes red. To be able to do dance marathons and feel great, or lift my (not-so-little-anymore) brother up into the air when he comes running into my arms! Yesterday I was struck with how much strength and agility I have gained, when I was doing an obstacle course on water with a group of friends (who, may I add, were all about 6 or so years older than I... I'm 17) and was the only girl who was able to do the monkey bars. Not even in a bragging sense, but I was so proud of myself, because I remember how much I've struggled doing monkey bars even in a kid's play ground in previous years, let alone, slippery ones, that are so high above water and so hard to reach I had to use my core to life myself up while using my arms to completely support me.

Anyways, sorry I ramble, but I just wanted to encourage anyone out there who may be wondering if their workouts are doing much... they are! And there will come a time, like me, when you'll realize that wow, you are actually a very strong, healthy person!

So keep at it guys - you can do it!!! IT ALL COUNTS!