Weekend Check-in 👻: Saturday, April 3rd

Good morning Blenders! How goes it this Saturday? I have already slammed a cup of coffee and am considering another, since I was up late again. But it wasn’t my fault, really: the book I am reading is really good (that’s the author’s fault); at 10 p.m. my son decided to apologize to me for something he had done earlier (totally his fault! 😜), and my mother in-law kept texting, not realizing she’s an hour earlier than us (daylight savings = the fault of a guy named George Hudson). So you see, it’s really not my fault that I’m tired today.

But enough blame shifting, which really isn’t allowed in my house. We take responsibility for our actions! So how are you shifting your body and taking responsibility for it today? That can be anywhere from a hiit or strength sweat fest that leaves you half dead on the floor, gentle stretching or walking, swimming in a freezing ocean (hi, Lea!), or nothing at all. Listening to your body and giving it what it needs IS taking responsibility for it. I’m supposed to do hiit today, but it’s going to be warm - almost hot - so I may go for a walk.

And what are you feeding yourself today? I’m not sure. Maybe pasta, for my son who just got his braces yesterday and has a sore mouth. A dairy free fettuccine Alfredo that we all love? Sounds good to me!

I leave you with a beautiful desert sunset, with squat cedar trees silhouetted against the sky.

Enjoy your Saturday!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***