PowerBlock Sport 24s Review (by a Gym Rat)

OK ... It's already been said that changing from my decades in iron gyms to working out at home is a big shift. I was given a pair of adjustable dumbbells last Mother's Day by my son. I like them. They're hard to change. They get stuck going in or coming out. They sometimes drop a plate on the way out which makes me scared they'll drop on my face doing chest flies one day or something. So, I was prompted to check out PowerBlock Sport 24s.

Wow. I'm really impressed. They are sturdy. That's the first thing. They're STURDY. They don't flop around like adjustable dumbbells. They are one solid piece. They're REALLY easy to change over from weight to weight. The handle is a nice firm sturdy size. It's also contoured to be thicker in the middle.

I did one of K's workouts with them last night. She was doing whatever that discus throwing type thing is called .... where you go from low to high over the other shoulder. I was wondering how to hold it. It was easy. Firm, stable, well constructed areas all of this thing to grab.

So ... as someone who was used to running a rack (GymRatese) ,,, I think these would actually work!! I'm impressed.