What’s the sorest you’ve ever been?

Just out of curiosity, is there a time of soreness that really just sticks out in your brain?

I have two incidents that I will never forget because I was in literal pain from not so smart decisions -

The first incident I was working on a farm and schools would bring kids on field trips to the farm, I was one of the leaders for taking kids on tours around the farm. I decided to really get back into intense workouts one week - I did some sort of workout that really made my entire body sore on a Wednesday. Thursday morning I woke up and could tell I was sore but decided to go on a run anyway and just try to ignore the soreness... (not smart..) I headed to work that same day knowing that I had MESSED up. I was in so so so so much pain. It was terrible. I then had to walk around the whole farm feeling like I had shin splints all over my body. 🤪 I kept trying to stretch throughout the day and I remember it not helping much. I have learned a lot more about health & fitness since then and know how bad that really was for my muscles.

The second one that comes to mind is a situation where I underestimated how much pregnancy weight would affect my ability to lift.. I didn’t account for the fact that I was in the third trimester and had been hardly doing anything but walks.. and decided to do a lower body workout with weights I considered to be “easy” pre pregnancy. My husband and I tried to go shopping a day or two after and I could hardly walk... 😒🤪

Of course I’ve been sore many, many times but these are the only times I remember thinking “this is horrible. I am in so much pain.”

Typically I don’t mind being sore, I enjoy imagining my muscles growing when I’m sore.😂

Tell me your stories!