S

Having a bad day....

I think just need to vent so I hope that is OK.....

It's only 7.45 am and I am having a bad day. Woke at 4 am and couldn't get back to sleep. Procrastinated for quite a while and finally pushed myself to do my scheduled workout (HIIT and Core) and two extra credits I set myself (short LBS and a short LB with a band.)

Really struggled with the core work even more than usual, 50 second intervals I didn't make it through many of them and had to swap out a couple of moves. Normally after a workout I feel energised and calm even if I am a little tired. But today I literally just lay on my mat for what seemed like ages. I had to sort of work up the energy to even stretch and get in the shower. Maybe it is just a lack of sleep or perhaps I should have taken a rest day.

Anyway the final straw so to speak was weighing myself (huge mistake) to find out that I have gained 3 lbs. Now I know, the scale doesn't tell the whole story, weight fluctuates, the scale is evil etc etc.. But, I have a lot of weight to loose so I do actually want and need to numbers to go down. I am trying not to beat myself up and tell myself that I showed up and actually did 50 minutes of not easy work and the number on the scale shouldn't defeat me but it just isn't happening today.

I know it has to be down to nutrition and that you can't out-train a 'poor' diet so I guess I need to refocus. Honestly right now I have all sorts of crazy diet ideas running through my head. I have a family trip planned in 11 weeks and I am ashamed to say this, as I am so fortunate to have that opportunity which I know many people don't, but I feel so low and uncomfortable about myself I actually do not want to go.

Anyway, sorry all this is a self indulgent ramble I am not quite sure what I was looking for posting this I guess just a way to let it out. If you made it to the end of this pity fest thanks for reading. I hope you've all had a good week and happy Friday.