Need to vent

Hello lovely FB Family!

I just need to vent a bit and I know the Community is always very supportive and has some kind words to offer, so I figured this would be the best place to get my frustration out.

My 3 year FB anniversary is coming up in April and while a lot of people use their anniversary to celebrate how far they have come fitness-wise, I feel like I haven't made any progress for a year or so. The first half of 2020 went good, but at the end of September I got a weird pain in my lower back after a particularly demanding lower body strength workout. The pain didn't go away and I went to several different doctors, who couldn't help me. I was even told to workout more - I had just finished Fit R2, which is one of the toughest programs, as many of you know.

Over the course of the past 6 months I've tried so many different things: complete workout breaks, an osteopath, stretching, a heating pad, a new office chair, the Beginner challenge and the Fundamentals challenge, more movement throughout the day... Some of those things helped with the pain, some didn't. But the pain and stiffness never went away entirely. About two weeks ago I decided that if nothing was going to help, I might as well start working out fully again, so I scheduled FB Complete for the following week.

The first four workout days were great! Doing upper body strength training again felt amazing. Then I decided to try the advanced option for the last day of week 1, which involved lower body strength training. During the workout my back felt alright, but the next day was awful. I know what a sore lower back feels like, and this wasn't it. It was the same pain I had almost gotten used to, only worse.

This alone is already incredibly frustrating. But as I went through some of the workouts I did over the past years to tag them, I noticed that I used to be able to lift quite a lot heavier, especially before this lower back injury. Not only regarding my lower body but even some of the upper body exercises (I write down the weights I used after every workout). So now I'm restricted by my body for one half of my workouts and I'm not even making progress in the other half?

Seeing other people's milestones and their progress while I feel like my body is sabotaging me is just so frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy for everyone who is getting further and further on their fitness journey. And I know it can't always go upwards. But right now I feel like I was pushed off that hill entirely, falling down even beyond my original starting point from three years ago.

Sorry for the long text! I just needed a place to sort my thoughts and get them out into the world...