C

Psychosomatic pain! Anyone?

Hello FB family, I hope everyone's doing ok!

I've been with Daniel and Kelli for many years now, and through those years I have experienced my share of stress. However, it had NEVER happened to me that this stress would cause me such constant, unbearable physical problems.

Mentally, I am in an awful state, but often times I find myself being apparently calm even if I know that deep down things are not right, which I can see mostly in my body : my muscles are CONSTANTLY tense, no matter what. Foam rolling, stretching, creams, supplements, you name it.

It all started with the legs one year ago (first lockdown here, when my life began to shatter), then it moved to a rhomboid and the opposite glute. Now, it's everywhere. I went to the physiotherapist some days ago and wherever he touched, my muscles where contracted! Glute (which is ALWAYS in pain), calf, back and front of the hamstring, shoulders, back, neck, abs (gosh, the abs were awful)...I don't know about the other muscles because he didn't touch them, but I'm pretty sure they were, too.

So, I'm an utter mess. And the more my body crumbles due to stress, the more stress is added to the mountain of stress I'm sitting on, and it becomes a never ending circle.

Has it ever happened to anyone here? Did you keep exercising?

On the one hand, if I stop, my muscles will lose strength and probably hurt more, since it's always been this way for me : the less I move, the more they hurt (when I'm working my butt, it doesn't hurt, when I'm not, it does). On the other hand, I'm terrified that my muscles may suffer damages that I'll take with me forever. I'm 22, and I don't want to live with chronic pain for the rest of my life.

Anyone who's gone through this? Of course, I'm not asking for medical advice. I keep going to the physiotherapist and if it gets worse, I'll see a doctor.

I just wanted to hear from others who experienced the same thing!

Thank you all, and sorry for the long post!