Weekend Ghost Check-in: Sunday March 14

Hello, Blenders!

Here in sunny Australia (according to Kim, who can be forgiven for thinking it’s warm and sunny in Melbourne only because I suspect it’s still below zero and snowing in her part of the world) it’s nearly Monday, and I’m looking forward to a new week. Week 3 of Bodyweight is my absolute favourite week of any program, so hopefully I can get back on track.

What do you have planned in the way of workouts today? Is it a good day for a tough HIIT or strength routine, or are you taking it easy? For many of you, it’s now spring - are you taking advantage of some warmer weather to get outdoors? Unfortunately I’m not too well today, so my much more exciting plans have been sidelined in favour of bed.

I was reading an interesting post in the community here a day or several ago from a Blender who isn’t keen on workouts being described as “brutal” or similar terms - not because they aren’t a fan of those specific workouts, but because they don’t like the suggestion of being unkind to their body.

Now, while “brutal” doesn’t bother me (I regularly use that as a search term because I love those workouts and they make me feel great - I guess I see the term as something used lightheartedly rather than seriously), I absolutely get it, and I have trouble with several other terms used to describe workouts, though most of the ones that I’m not a fan of have been or are being phased out here. My pet dislikes are workout titles or descriptions that focus on losing weight (fat) and aesthetic body changes. Fat/calorie burning, saddlebags/love handles, leg slimming… no, this is not what my workouts are for! I tend to avoid these workouts whenever possible, and feel mildly ashamed that one of my favourites fits into this category.

So I’d love to hear if you judge a workout by its title, and what terms you aren’t a fan of. Or how about photos? Do any photo styles put you off doing a workout?

Can I get away with not talking food at all in this check-in? You can talk food. Please, talk food. Luckily I don’t have to read your replies until tomorrow morning, by which time I will hopefully be feeling much better. You know what I like? I like camomile tea. I had camomile tea for dinner and it was, uh, very camomiley.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

đź‘»

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited