MY solution to DOMS... maybe for you?! 🙃

After yesterday’s level 5 kettlebell routine, I realised today that I am in no way as sore as I would normally have been. Definitely Yay!!!

Then I remembered my son telling me some months ago that he had been reading some (medical sports) articles that stated that regular cold water emersion helps in reducing DOMS and is good for muscle flexibility. That made me realise that the crazy cold water swims I do throughout the winter are obviously good for something! I used to suffer a lot from DOMS, and adjusting my protein intake, reducing coffee intake etc never really made much of a difference. But I have certainly noticed a reduction in DOMS for quite a while now. So maybe a tip if you are prone to DOMS.

My solution of swimming in the cold sea is obviously not available to everyone. That’s why my (little bit envious of his parents) son found his own solution.... cold water emersion in a “kliko” (Dutch word for wheeliebin). 🙈🤣

An idea for you?! What’s your way of dealing with bad muscle soreness after a workout?

BTW top photo: son in the kliko (8 degrees centigrade), bottom pic: me in the sea (6 degrees centigrade at the moment).

Edited