Weekend Check-in 👻: Sunday, March 7th

Well happy Sunday, Blendies! How goes it this Sunday morning/afternoon/evening? Are you rested and refreshed after Saturday, or not so much? If not, are you getting some rest today?

My Saturday was the perfect blend of stuff I like to do: sleeping in, a family hike down by the Rio Grande River, baking, watching a movie...it was just the sort of day that I needed after a busy week.

My picture is one of the five porcupines we saw on our hike. Four of them were sleeping draped over the branches, limbs hanging down, mouths half open with their orange teeth showing. This guy was perched upright, watching us watch him through our binoculars. His little face was so cute! It’s not the greatest photo, but if you really squint and use your imagination, you’ll see what I saw!

Now, what about workouts? How are you sweating/stretching/swearing at the workout screen today? Or maybe you’re more like the porcupines lounging in the tree? Resting, sunning yourself? I am definitely a porcupine today- resting!

What’s on the menu for today? I’m going easy with fancy hot sandwiches and sweet potato fries cooked in the air fryer. I set out all the fixings, everyone makes their own sandwich and we toast it in the oven. It’s my new favorite easy dinner! But what about you? Details!

And one other food related question! What’s one of the strangest (to you!) foods you’ve ever eaten, or had the opportunity to eat? I ate warthog in Zimbabwe, and it was delicious! I passed on the Mopane worms. 🤢 Anyone else eaten strange things?

Okay, that’s enough out of me! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Raven 💙💙💙

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited