O
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Single leg deadlift form and other single leg strength work

Hi all,

Happy Friday!!! Hope you’re all well.

So, 2 things I wanted to check in with you guys about.....

Firstly, I have outgrown my powerblocks (pro32) for deadlifts and squats (and lunges when low reps) so I have started doing single leg deadlifts when normal deadlifts are in a FB workout....can anyone advise on good form please. I managed it today with 40lb but I was rather wobbly at times and my back leg didn’t get up very high (if that matters)...any top tips would be greatly received - did feel it in my glutes though so don’t think I’m that off the mark.

Secondly, and related to the above, can anyone recommend any other good single leg lower body moves I could perhaps incorporate to make up for reaching my powerblock max....I’ve already started doing Bulgarian split squats (love them but yowzers, they burn!) I’m guessing pistol squats, single leg bridges and step ups would be other options....anything else others could suggest to try and target everything?

I’m also aware I can still do two leg work but do super slow or pulses etc. Theirs a great temptation to decide I need to buy another set of expandable powerblocks but I know in reality if I can start introducing single leg and adapting what I do I can still up my resistance and that my pro32s can do the job!

Thanks all!!!