Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

My "Why" to Exercising Consistently Became More Meaningful

Hello,

I've been using Fitness Blender's videos on and off since 2016 (I was 22 then). At that age, I became increasingly interested in being active, healthy, and incorporating "feel good" habits after feeling pretty stressed and unhealthy during my college years. During that time, my diet wasn't great and I sat for many hours a day since I was a guitar major. I had lots of back pain. At one point, I just wanted to feel better. So, I found Fitness Blender and fell in love with their content. I bought my power block dumbbells (which I adore), and began using their videos. However, I struggled to workout consistently or finish any of my purchased programs for various reasons (too tired, didn't plan my day right, work, school...etc).

Fast forward to January 2021 - I lost my mom. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2019 and got worse as the months passed. This was my family's first death of a close relative, and it really hit us hard. I miss my mom so much.

There is a lot of cancer in my family, so I began researching about the topic, and found that exercise, among other healthy lifestyle habits can reduce your risk for not only cancer, but many other diseases as well. So, here I am, starting Week 3 on FB's Blend program. I've skipped some days, but always with the intent that I will try again the next. I feel great, and the consistent exercise has helped me get through these difficult, grief filled days. I have a new sense responsibility and accountability. For my body. For my mom. This is my new "why".

Here is a sweaty picture of me after Day 1 on Week 3! Thank you Fitness Blender for creating awesome content and being my workout buddies for the past 6 years. I am so grateful.

Best,

Quiara