HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group February 26th

Hello everyone!

I’m very glad Maria wants to resume starting the thread on her days next week. Not because I haven’t enjoyed writing it a few times (I really liked it!), but because that means she is feeling up to that again. 🌞 I'm looking forward to your posts again Maria.

The thought of the day I would like to share:

“It takes courage to say yes to rest and play in a culture where exhaustion is seen as a status symbol.” – Brené Brown

The last time I started the thread, I wrote about acceptance and how that has been a very important topic to me lately. On that note, I’m trying to accept that I don’t need to be productive all the time. To me, taking breaks to let my mind “heal” from all the input it gets during the day is vital to be able to cope with life. Especially now, when there is so much uncertainty and life isn’t how it used to be.

I tend to expect a lot from myself. But since a month or so I am coming to terms with the fact that I need more time to recharge than I allowed myself. Instead of being mad about not drawing or painting anymore, I now use a coloring book for adults. I have tried that before and felt stupid – “I should be making my own art. This is a waste of time.” But maybe it’s better to use the coloring book now, getting acquainted with my pencils again, and work towards drawing. Right now, it’s enough, and it’s a good way to relief stress. The same with puzzling; I allow myself to work on a puzzle and see it as time well spent, because it’s time where I de-stress. However, I know this might sound easier than it is; you might struggle with finding time for yourself, with work and taking care of others.

Do you allow yourself time to relax, or do you find it challenging to do an activity where you’re not actively working toward a goal? (In fitness terms, it might be planning a rest day, going for a light walk or doing stretches, instead of a very sweaty HIIT or intense strength training.)

It's a sunny day here, I hope you all have some sunshine today too. Have a nice weekend and don't forget you have every right to take time to recharge. Even if you can squeeze in only five minutes to do some upper body stretches to relieve some tension, or to close your eyes and feel the sun on your face. (Or eat something delicious with full attention.) 🍕🍫🍪🍓

PS. I added a photo with a relaxing landscape. Trees, water and no people around! 😇