Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Week 7 goal evaluation

Hi all, how was your week? Mine was nice, but goal wise not so much.. My first goal of the week, follow the mealplan, went out the window on the same day.. I had quesadillas for lunch with my son. On the second day we had grilled cheese.. Then on my work days I did have healthier lunches and snacks. I did notice this week, then when I prep my lunch the day before, it is much easier to eat a healthy lunch, because I can just grab it and go. I have also noticed, I do really enjoy a healthy lunch..

I did go for a walk 4 times a week for at least 20 minutes, I dragged my son with me yesterday to get to 4 days. I walked home in the rain on wednesday but it was a drizzle, so it wasn’t too bad.

No snacking on evening snacks, also was a flop, we had toast and cheese one evening and I ate chips with my son the next. I also had some wine throughout the week. In my defence: my period is coming up..

Not reaching my goals is okay though, I see it as a learning proces. I know what "went wrong" last week, so I can do things different this week. This week is a holiday for my son, I have one day off. I will probably have a not so healthy lunch with him once this week, but I will add some veggies to it to have a smaller portion of the not so healthy and to “compensate”.

Goals: prep healthy lunches and snacks for my workdays: I am going to go through the meal plans and pick a few lunches I like (orzo salad with grapes, tunasalad, wraps with hummus and veggies..)

No alcohol during the week, maximum of 2 glasses on the weekend.

Mind my posture.. I look so different when I stand up straight. I am going to check my posture when I stand at the kitchen counter and the bathroom sink. My “bad posture” is caused by weaker muscles, it is not bone structure, so it is something I could improve.

What did you learn from your "failures" when it comes to health and fitnessgoals? What are you doing this week?