HKS (Healthy, Kind, Support) Accountability Group Feb. 20

Good Day Blendfriends,

Thought for the Day:

“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.

So super sore from my second workout yesterday and grateful today is a rest/recovery day.

Second workout you ask?

Yesterday afternoon right as I was sitting down to have my cup of tea and listen to the rain a large oak tree fell across the road we live on. No one could get in or get out. So I called Allen to come home from work and a couple of neighbors. We spent the late afternoon cutting up a tree and then hauling all the rounds and debris out of the road. Then we had to cut down the tree right next to it so it did not fall also.

Grateful to K&D for always reminding us how important proper form is. I did a lot of squats and lifting wet heavy rounds of wood yesterday. One of the neighbors who is about 15 years younger than me, was feeling put out that us women were lifting and moving all the logs. He used improper form and threw his back out. He had to go home while we worked another hour and half in the rain finishing the job.

So remember not just workout but every day jobs and chores use proper form and switch hands often doing task to remain balanced. It really does keep your body safe.

As we all know Maria is still recovery and we need volunteers to cover her day on the thread. If you are interested in helping on Wednesday or Friday please let me know.

Peace, love and harmony

Storm

P.S.

I just read yesterday's thread and Maria checked in. She is on her way to recovery but still needs our kind thoughts and healing energy. Stop by yesterday's thread and say HI.

Edited