Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Week 7 goals + evaluation

Another week of planning my own meals. My weight has stayed the same. So the good thing is: I know now that my maintenance is at a lower calorie amount as the math suggests. And also: I feel well nourished and satisfied eating the way I do and it is a healthy way to eat.

I do however want to lose a little extra weight/centimeters, so I am going to follow the plan loosely: I have picked 5 days out of the plan for mon-fri. I will follow those from breakfast to afternoon snack and have regular dinners. The week after that I will follow week 1 of the PDF mealplan. I realise weight is just a number, but health wise it could be a bit lower. I am slightly at risk with both BMI and hip-waist ratio, so it is good to lose a little weight. My genetics are a big part of the reason to lose weight, lots of weight related health issues in the family. I feel pretty healthy, but, like the -Dutch- Erasmus said: voorkomen is beter dan genezen (prevention is better than cure).

Beans: did not happen as much as I would have liked, but had rice with one of my salads instead of bread.

bread: ate quite a bit of bread, mainly whole wheat spelt. I did eat less of it then I normally would have and complemented it with a side salad.

snacks: I did quite well, though I snacked quite a bit in the evenings. So this week will focus on skipping that again.

walks: walked to work 2 days and went on another walk on my day of, so that one gets a checkmark :)

This weeks goals:

follow meal plan days on mon-fri (I am doing days: 5, 8, 1, 24 and 10 of the omnivore plan)

go for 4 walks of at least 20 minutes for my Strava challenge. It is going to rain all week so I hope to get those walks in.. I seriously dislike walking in the rain…

no snacking along with my husbands evening snacks (he prefers chocolate, cookies and chips/crisps)

What are your goals and the reasons for your goals?

Edited