Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

“Food for Thought” Feb 15

Hello beautiful Blenders,

Another very grey and wet Monday here, but I’m motivated and up for a challenge.

“It’s not a short-term diet. It’s a long-term lifestyle change.”

Last week started so well and suddenly my eating behaviour was all over the place. I even used the scale. Well, there was no surprise, nothing unexpected but it would be good to focus on my food again. I am a bit stressed right now, very restless, very nervous, so I am not mad at me. I use food to calm me down and at the moment I need a lot of calming down, but I think it is good to get back to a healthier behaviour. Not that food becomes again a major stressor. I really don’t need any more of those right now.

So, what’s my plan? I will cut out sweets again. It is the easiest way for me to stay on track. I do eat sweet stuff but that should be just an occasionally treat. That means no buying sweets in the shop. Having a lot of healthy treats at hand and only using those to snack or calm me down. And then I wanted to pick up Micheles mindful eating. Really focusing on what I eat and not eating while working. Not sure if I have the energy and mental capacity right now to focus on hunger and fullness. For now, I will stick with the clock and regular eating times and portion size I am comfortable with. Writing those points down shows me that I know exactly what I have to do to take good care of myself, but in the situation, I start to forget what the plan was.

What about you? Did you fall of the wagon once? And what did you do to get back to a healthier eating behaviour. What is your way to handle such situations? Do you write lists, or do you focus at one thing at a time?

Wishing all a great start into a new week.

Everyone is welcome to share their thoughts. If you like to start the thread let me know. We love to read your perspective on food.