Daily Check-in: Friday, February 12th

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening, Blendfriends!

And Happy Friday to you all!

How are you all doing today? Glad it's almost the weekend?

Well, you should be! Because we are being graced with the fantastic ghosting abilities of the Lovely Lea this weekend! So sit down, and get ready for some adventurous tales from her! (And a huge thank you for ghosting, too, Lea! I really really appreciate it!)

It's also Valentine's Day on Sunday! Do you guys have anything planned?

We do not. I'm not particularly a romantic person (sorry, hubby). It will be a miracle if I even get out of my sweatpants on Sunday.

But, if you are looking for a rather romantic activity for either just yourself, or perhaps a date, may I suggest some stargazing? On Sunday night, Valentine's Day night, the star Sirius will be visible all night long! It's the brightest star in the Earth's sky (except for the sun, obvs), and sparkles with a rainbow of colors. Simply go outside after dark (hopefully it's not cloudy out), find Orion's belt, and look directly southeast from 'the belt' towards the horizon (for the Northern Hemisphere folks, at least). You should see Sirius sparkling away right there✨--it's hard to miss! Another cool thing about Sirius: it's called the Dog Star! Who doesn't love that? Now you can regale your date with a romantic, and informative, evening of stargazing. (And if you really want to impress your date with your knowledge, let it slip that Sirius A is in fact 25 times the mass of our own sun. But don't drop that factoid too soon--you don't want to scare them off with too much knowledge too soon. 😆)

And what do you have going on for today? Anything fun and exciting? Or just another a day for you?

It's the latter for me. But I'm sure I can find some fun with my doggies out in the snow.

Which brings me to: today's Random Photo! Since this upcoming Sunday is Valentine's Day, and that's all about love, I thought we could share some photos of something you love today (if you want to, that is). So: #showsomelove today with a photo, Blendfriends! What's something you love? Or something that you think might bring joy to others? Can be anything you feel like sharing!

My #showsomelove pic today is of all that I love! Handsome hubby and my pupperoos!

And how about we also #showsomelove to those workouts today eh? What do we have goin on in that sector of life?

Well, I did not workout yesterday. Instead I took 2 (yes 2! woo!) walks with my dogs. It was above zero, sunny, and no wind. So: walks were gonna happen finally! And that was my 'workout' yesterday. Today though, I'm feeling like a total body routine. Something maybe even almost 1000 Calorie in format with some cardio, strength, and abs all rolled into one. Not sure if I'll go that route, or find a shorter routine. I am also very open to suggestions, Blendies! Do you have a total body routine you'd like to recommend today? I'd be ever so grateful! Thank you in advance!

Now we gotta talk about what comes after those workouts: the refuel! What's on the menu for today, Blenders?

I'm not sure really. It might very well be another night of eggs and veggies. That's fine by me!

Well, I think that's all for me for this week!

Thank you guys for letting me host, thank you for checking in with me all week, thank you to Lea for ghosting, and I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! I'll be right back here with ya on Monday!

Take care, be safe, and have fun this weekend if you can, Blendies!

❤️❤️❤️To Raven❤️❤️❤️

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited