“Food for Thought” Feb 10

Hello beautiful Blenders,

How are you doing today? How is your eating behaviour going? Remember everyone is welcome. We like to hear from you.

I mentioned that I worked a couple of times with a nutritionist, but I wasn’t really convinced. She asked me to fill out a food diary and I wrote down all I ate for a week so, that she could calculate calories and distribution of nutrients. Well, I was shocked. According to the calculation I was eating on average 2500-3000 calories a day. Just to give you a little inside: I’m 151cm/4.9-foot-tall and weigh 54kg/119lbs. If the result of 3000 calories a day would have been true it would imply that everything I learned was wrong. Energy intake, energy expenditure, TDEE or my energy expenditure during exercises had to be unusually high. Otherwise, I should be very overweight. I was very confused and did for the first-time count calories on my own for an average week. I measured each bread crumb I ate and came to very different results, which made so much more sense. After my calculation my average is between 1400 and 2000 calories a day, which balance well over the week. Btw, didn’t like the calorie counting. I will stick to rough estimations again. That is better for my mental health.

No real question here. But maybe you experienced a situation, where something didn’t add up food and nutrients wise?