Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

“Food for Thought” Feb 10

Hello beautiful Blenders,

How are you doing today? How is your eating behaviour going? Remember everyone is welcome. We like to hear from you.

I mentioned that I worked a couple of times with a nutritionist, but I wasn’t really convinced. She asked me to fill out a food diary and I wrote down all I ate for a week so, that she could calculate calories and distribution of nutrients. Well, I was shocked. According to the calculation I was eating on average 2500-3000 calories a day. Just to give you a little inside: I’m 151cm/4.9-foot-tall and weigh 54kg/119lbs. If the result of 3000 calories a day would have been true it would imply that everything I learned was wrong. Energy intake, energy expenditure, TDEE or my energy expenditure during exercises had to be unusually high. Otherwise, I should be very overweight. I was very confused and did for the first-time count calories on my own for an average week. I measured each bread crumb I ate and came to very different results, which made so much more sense. After my calculation my average is between 1400 and 2000 calories a day, which balance well over the week. Btw, didn’t like the calorie counting. I will stick to rough estimations again. That is better for my mental health.

No real question here. But maybe you experienced a situation, where something didn’t add up food and nutrients wise?