Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Food for Thought Feb 6

Good morning beautiful strong Blenders!

Im posting for Julia today! she asked me to share some of my perspective. but first-how are you doing today? how are your food and workout choices going?

some of you have seen my posts about my experiences losing weight - i lost 100lbs 11 years ago counting calories and exercising - and now i eat in moderation but i think that term is misunderstood.it doesnt mean i eat pizza, cookies, and chinese every other day!

also in the past year i got into strength training(as id only been doing cardio and hiit for 10 years) and lost approx 5% bodyfat and 3-4 dress sizes and started modeling on the side.

i keep saying im going to write a book "things they dont tell you about losing weight" - such as people at work following me to the bathroom to make sure i wasnt throwing up because of course thats the only way to keep weight off right? my family also has not been supportive. this is because people want you to stay in the "box" theyve created for you and dont want you to change!

and ive been basically been silenced on facebook because noone wants to hear about it. the diet industry in america is a big money machine and definitely have people believing weight loss is temporary.

do you have any chapters to add to my book that you've overcome?

even though i have had many negative experiences i continue to work hard. i keep a picture on my phone and never forget the day in the ER when the dr told me i was eating my insides up - drinking 2 2 liter bottles of coke a day! or being on high blood pressure meds at 28!

if you are struggling im here to tell you that it CAN be done!

please feel free to ask me anything or tell me about any of your experiences!