A

Daily Check-In, Friday, February 5th, 2021

It's Friday again, so we've made it through another week of workouts, resting, feeding ourselves and dealing with all the curveballs life has been throwing towards us. For one of us, that curveball has been exceptionally cruel, and I'm sure Raven has been in everyone's thoughts every day.

Today it's my turn to write a few lines about the workouts on our calender, the food choices we make and all the curve balls that make us want to stay in bed and eat lots of chocolate when it's time for a workout. Like the other day, when the empty day on my calender between two Booty challenge workouts remained empty. But for today, I've picked a rotation upper body workout with Daniel that I never did before. A lot of unusual exercises, which I'm sure will cause some unusually sore muscles.

What about you, Blenders? What are your workout plans for this Friday? Will it be one of your all time favorite routines, or will you change things up a bit today? It's always good to try something new, so I have a Fitness Friday question for you related to this. Have you made changes to your workouts (and, if so, what did you change - like increasing how much you lift, or adding a resistance band, or changing the intensity/impact of your routines)? What did these changes bring you?

As for me, I didn't really intend to change anything, but I found workouts on my calender for FB Complete and the Booty challenge that had more pilates exercises. Not my favorite, so I tried to add some spice to them. As Kelli suggested, I've been adding a resistance band and was surprised how much difference it made. I've been as sweaty after a pilates workout as after regular strength training. And a whole new kind of sore. How about you, guys? Any new workout experiences you'd like to share?

Of course, I also have to write something about food. I know there are many talented cooks among us, so please make us drool, telling us about your culinary creations. I know my food choices won't make anyone salivate, so I've come to the end of today's check-in.

Obviously, I can't leave without adding a picture. It's one I took during #backyardbirding, which I've done a lot lately, since the weather has beeen blah. The birdie is a Great tit, exhibiting lots of core strength, keeping its balance like that between a twig and the bird feeder. A great reminder to add some core work today as an extra credit.

Have a good Friday, Bliendfriends!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited