HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group February 5th

Hi everyone.

Toasty shared the good news about Maria yesterday/Wednesday. As Maria is recovering, I’m starting this thread today. I hope she’ll join us again soon, when she is rested and feeling up to it. ¡Mejórate pronto! 😊

Starting with the thought of today:

“If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint”, then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” - Vincent van Gogh

Vincent van Gogh was one of several famous artists who had trouble with their mind. I’ve loved (modern) art since I was a teenager 🎨. As I was battling depression for the first time around age 14, I felt at home with the art of “troubled” painters. It’s a powerful quote. Even though I know it can be hard to do something when your mind says you can’t, it can make you feel like a boss 💪. But... Always check in with yourself to decide whether it’s worth a try or whether it’s better for your mental health to not do so that day. Try to challenge yourself, but also remember you can’t be on top of your game every day. You’re also a boss if you get through a day where you feel exhausted, anxious, worried or depressed and you simply don't have the room to do anything other than exist. But if you feel like it, challenging yourself can give a confidence boost, and looking back on a hard/scary thing you did in the past feels good.

I wanted to share this photo I took a few days ago, of these snowdrops after rainfall. The beauty of nature brings me joy, even when I feel low. Which is probably why I love art so much. Think of the beautiful almond blossom or irises Van Gogh painted. I really think art can enrich your life.

Enough about art now – what are you doing today? An indoor workout, going for a walk, bike ride or a run, trying to unwind with stretches or yoga? Or giving your muscles some rest? Do you have special plans for your meals today? (I'm still taking a break from working out but took a walk yesterday.)

Thank you for reading 😊 I wish everyone a peaceful day with positivity.