Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

OUCH

So remember like a month ago when I was all, "yeah I've been sick and injured but I'm back on the bandwagon now"? TOTAL lie. I''m not sure what happened but my resolution to get back into my fitness routine fizzled and died. I blame the gray drizzly Oregon winter which just makes a person want to curl up on the couch with a blanket and a giant bowl of mac and cheese.

Then, last night, hubby and I watched "The Theory of Everything" in tribute to the late great Stephen Hawking. And wow. I was ugly crying all over the house after. It just reminded me how fortunate I am to have my health when so many people don't, and how you never know what cards life might deal you - how all that could be taken away in a blink. It was a great reminder that this is the only body I have and I need to start taking care of it again.

So here I am 12 hours later and OW. After several weeks' break, the pilates/yoga blend video I did (https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/3-day-flexibility-challenge-day-2-pilates-yoga-blend-for-flexibility-and-toning) has left me CRAZY sore in the abs and legs. But oddly, I am enjoying that feeling. I'm lucky to be able to stretch, lift, and awkwardly follow along with Kelli and Daniel in my living room. Heck, I'm lucky to be able to just walk outside in this beautiful Spring weather. And it's time to treat my body, flaws and all, like the amazing machine it is.

Anyone else have an epiphany lately that got them back on the workout train?