Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

“Food for Thought” Feb 3

Hello beautiful Blenders,

Remember, everyone is welcome to drop by and tell us about your thoughts about food. And if you have a topic you like to share, or you like to start the thread let me know. We are all curious to hear about your experiences.

So, after we tried to figure out what a healthy diet looks like for each of us and how to translate it into a daily routine, its time to go shopping. Grocery shopping is often underestimated in the context of a healthy and balanced diet, but if we don’t by the right things we can’t eat the right things. How do you plan your grocery shopping? Do you have a shopping list and stick to it? Do you just go with the flow and buy what comes along your way, or do you plan your meals and make a list accordingly?

I have a pile of print outs of FB recipes and look what I like to cook. I select a few recipes for the next couple of days and then I go through the ingredients lists and check what I need. In the shop I really focus on my list and try sticking to it. So far it works quite well for me. It helps me not to by too much sweets and not too buy products which I might have to throw away, because I don’t have any usage for it after all. So, tell me, how are you handling your shopping?