Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

“Food for Thought” Feb 2

Hello beautiful Blenders,

I often hear from people that they would like to eat healthier or reduce weight, but they don’t have any plans how to translate such a vague goal into real action plans. First of all, you need to set a realistic goal. Maybe to lose x small amount of weight per week. And then this goal needs to be broken down into sub-goals which are visualisable and achievable as for example, I will try eating only one cookie instead of 10 a day or use only 1tbsp of oil when cooking instead of 5. It can be helpful not to try to change to much at once so that new behaviour can be sustainable integrated into a daily routine. What I often observed that many who want to change their eating behaviour say they want to stop eating this and that, but they don’t make any plans what they will do instead. Preparing food and eating takes time, which is freed up when you stop that behaviour. My question today is, what are your alternative activities you do instead of eating, or when you need to get distracted from thinking about food, what do you do?

Everyone is welcome to share about your thoughts about food or recipes as well. I might be not the best source to share recipes, because for 10 month I’m only cooking FB recipes and they are already available for everyone. I only can say what I really liked, if I still can remember and you are interested in something like that.