January Complete and February Started

Hello!

I thought I’d check in today to put my thoughts about the last month and the new one down somewhere. In January I completed Bodyweight R2 and the 30-day Breath yoga journey with Adriene. I loved both of these programs and I do think they’ve brought me what I had hoped for and more: more endurance, a better mind-muscle connection, a more conscious relationship with my breath, a bit more flexibility. But there’s still a lot of work needed in all those areas. I had sort of a real life fitness test yesterday, as I helped a friend carry quite a few big boxes up and down 6 flights of stairs. I definitely noticed that my endurance was getting better, and I got away with just reasonably sore arms. I noticed some improvements in my workouts too, hiit workouts have become a lot more manageable than they were a month ago, and I almost got into crow pose for a split second a few days ago (until my bird slid of its branch, i.e. my arm, and I hit my knee violently on the floor, ouch but luckily no real harm done, just a beautiful colourful decoration :D).

Now my goal for February is to get back into strength training, and hopefully build back up to a 5 day/week schedule. In January, I’ve averaged 4 intense workouts per week, on top of daily yoga and optional stretching days. This promises to be quite a ride; I did my first workout in over a month using weights today (the new Pilates + strength FP Plus workout, really loved it btw) and my back struggled quite a bit on those weighted squats. This probably means I’ll have to go really light for some time, but I’m excited to build back a strong and stable foundation. I’ll also be doing mainly workouts I’ve never done this month, so as to get me a little closer to my goal of completing every single FB video. And of course, I want to carry on with daily yoga, cause it’s been truly life-changing (for my energy level as well as for mental clarity and stability).

In the last week or so, I’ve also started to pay closer attention to my eating habits, mainly portion control and avoiding snacking between breakfast and lunch. I’ve also tried to implement a little bit more movement throughout the day (a short walk after lunch and short warm-up videos or bad dancing to break up the work day). I’m hoping to keep this going in February and that it will be enough to get into a calorie deficit and lose some fat without having to count calories, as I haven’t lost any of the kilos I gained during my break from working out yet. We’ll see!

How was this first month of 2021 for you and do you have any special goals going forward?

Have a great day/evening! :)

Edited