O
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Thoughts on mass building

Hi blenders

Hope you’re all well.

Please excuse my ignorance but I’m hoping someone can advise. I don’t put any store on weighing myself and haven’t in years. I do however take photos and measure myself. After feeling like I’d hit a plateau I decided that maybe I was eating too little. As I wanted to build mass I was also conscious of eating enough to support muscle growth and wondered whether this is why I’d seen no change.

This past month I have been doing alternating weeks of FB mass and bodyweight2. I have pushed hard and lifted really heavy...reps and sets have all been around mass building and I’ve lifted heavier than I have before. And I’ve felt good about this and really enjoyed mass in particular (amazing programme!!) Calorie wise I don’t track as this messes with my head but I’ve slightly upped my intake and made an effort to ensure I’m getting a good amount/more of protein.

Today I measured myself. Their has been no change in this department for months and months....today my measurements were bigger!! Maybe a cm or so on the hips etc. So, I’m wondering is this what should be happening? Or am I going in the wrong direction as I have to admit it feels that way and I’m working hard not to freak out!! Is it a case now that I cut my calories again having what I hope is built muscle? Or have I just eaten too much and put on fat?!

I appreciate it’s very hard to tell this with no numbers to work on but I can’t track as I know it will not be good for my mental health.

Anyway, any thoughts or experiences in this department would be much appreciated as I’m not sure what direction to go in next.

Thanks you lovely lot.

Xxx

Edited