HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group February 1st πŸ₯³πŸŽ‚

Hello Blender friends, I hope your week is starting out well.

I want to share a milestone I'm celebrating today -- it's my one-year Blenderversary! Last February 1st, I started working out consistently, and marking on the FB calendar. And now that I have the FB Plus statistics, I can see that since that day, I have done 440 workouts, 7 programs, 5 challenges, and over 10,000 minutes of activity. This is a life-changing thing for me: I have never ever been so consistent about working out.

That is what I want to celebrate here in this accountability group. Celebrate being consistent, steadfast, showing up for yourself and celebrating your body: your body, that you have, that you live in, the one that is going to last you all your life. I've been holding on to a quote for a while, that I want to share with you today.

β€œLife isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” (George Bernard Shaw)

I've never liked the idea of "finding yourself", to me it seems to mean you weren't there all along, or that there is some ideal you need to attain and then that's it. For me, life is a day-to-day process of creating yourself, and there is nowhere that is more true than in fitness. I will not attain a perfect weight, shape, or strength, and just stop there, at perfection, every day is part of the creation. So I want to celebrate that process, and I hope you will celebrate it too.

And this message would not be complete if I did not give a shout-out to this group, because I know there are days when I did a workout because I said I would on here, and also because it's been an encouraging and supportive FB home for me. Some of you on here have been working out consistently for years. You are an inspiration. Others are just getting started, and you're feeling energy and enthusiasm. Stick around, and you can keep that! Some of you share an unbelieveable joie de vivre (looking at you MaFe -- we are all thinking of you right now) that puts sunshine in everyone's day, others share wisdom, mindfulness, or even just your every day challenges, and that makes this a wonderful place to be.

So of course, I want to remind all blenders that everyone is always welcome. We're happy to hear from you, and we're also happy to be a positive encouraging space for you to spend a few minutes in silence, if that's what you want to do today.