Weekend Ghost Check-in: Saturday January 30

Hello, Blendfriends, and welcome to the weekend! I hope you've all had, are having or are about to have a fabulous Saturday.

Now, the big news in FB world is that just yesterday we had our first international Fitness Blender catch-up for 2021. (You were all invited, but I didn't bother to issue an official invitation because you would have had to quarantine for 2 weeks and would have missed the event.)

For those of you who missed it, there were stunning views of the beach, sunset and city lights. There were slightly ridiculous beach-front houses. There were cute dogs. There was brilliant company. And there was exercise! But no lizard hops or jump squats. (Was it even Fitness Blender?? No, no it was not.)

Anyway, the view was so awesome that I just had to take a few photos to share with you, especially as I knew I might be ghosting this weekend. That is, I would have taken photos if my phone had been accessible. And by "accessible" I don't mean just in my hand while running, but pretty much taking the photos on its own because that's the only way photos get taken around here.

Anyway, this brings me to my (100% optional) question for the day. If you could do some kind of exercise with anyone, what would it be and who would it be with? It can be anyone - someone you know, part of the Fitness Blender community, a celebrity, a fictional character... No limits here!

Now, #1 on my list would be another run with Lynna, because I had a great time and must do it again soon.

But up there on my "less achievable" list would be a hike with Koppakabana. I anticipate more stunning views, her fabulous smile, and if I'm really lucky she'll plan the post-hike meal as well.

How about you? What do you think would make a fun exercise catch-up?

And speaking of exercise, what's the plan for today? Are you doing something social, or going solo in your living room? Or do you like to do jobs around the house or rest over the weekend? For me, today was the final day of FB Complete: Daniel's active/static lower body strength and HIIT routine. What a great finish to a brilliant program!

Now I've talked a lot about exercise today, but even more important is food - can't take a rest day from that! So what's on the menu for today? Are you cooking, or is it a day for leftovers, takeaway or someone else cooking for you? My dinner for today was mushroom & black bean enchiladas and it was pretty delish.

Thanks for checking in with me! Enjoy what's left of your weekend.

👻

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***