Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

“Food for Thought” Jan 30

Hi beautiful Blenders,

Weekend is here. How do you handle food during the weekend? Do you eat differently to weekdays? Anyone is welcome to drop by leave a comment or what is on your mind food wise.

Every time I visit my mom in Germany, I use her scale. It’s kind of fun because her scale is a friendly one. I’m always a couple of pounds lighter. The funny thing is a friend of mine, who also travels now and then to continental Europe told me exact the same story about the scale and that she always is a couple of pounds lighter in continental Europe than in Ireland. Since I know that scales can act strange and funny my obsession with numbers dropped significantly. Those numbers on the scale are so relative and they don’t say a thing about how I really feel. When I treat myself well and eat well and do my workouts, I don’t need a scale to prove me right or wrong. I use the scale only occasionally, but the number has only little impact on me anymore.

How do you handle the scale and the numbers? Is it difficult to distance yourself from it or don’t you use a scale at all?