T

Schedule change and first 1000 calorie workout complete!

Hi all,

Just wanted to share something that may be useful to someone, and also celebrate a workout complete! I've been working out with Fitness Blender for approx. 2.5 years now. I have never been brave enough to attempt any of the 1000 calorie workouts.

Recently I decided to change around my schedule a bit at home. Before, I was finishing the working day, cooking, eating, waiting to empty out, then working out, by which time it would usually be something like 9.30. I'm very fortunate to be working from home with the ability to be flexible with my schedule. I have tried early morning workouts and my body just feels really sluggish and stiff, so instead I tried starting work early, and taking a long lunch break and working out then.

It's really astonishing how much a simple change like that can make. I had plateaued for maybe six months managing 3-5 work outs a week, but really wanting to be doing 5. Now, I can push so much harder during work outs, I manage 5-6 workouts a week, and just have a lot more energy. It's early days, but I appear to be suffering from fewer migraines as well. I feel like my cardio fitness is better and I am feeling that I'm on the edge of lifting a little heavier on a couple of exercise.

I'm doing FB complete and one of the 1,000 calorie workouts popped up during the week. I really wanted to challenge myself, but it wasn't really feasible to take that much time out of my working day, so I just tried it today instead, swapping it in for another total body workout. I did it! And I had fun! It was tough and I had to take a break part way though because I felt a little light headed, but otherwise I feel great!

Thanks for reading :)