Chest fly vs chest press accident 😁

I did one of my favourite workouts, https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/get-strong-upper-body-workout-for-strength-with-descending-reps today. I’m fortunate in that I’m doing a staycation at a nice hotel with a fantastic gym at the moment, so I was super excited to use a bench for my workout, which I’ve never done before.

I was just using my phone for the video and was hardly looking at the screen, only to check my notes on what weights I had used previously.

So here I am, thinking β€žWow, it’s so much harder using a bench than doing a bridge on the floor!” I was previously able to lift 5 kg - 7 kg - 8 kg for the descending reps of the chest press and today I could barely do 5 kg and didn’t increase the weight for the other reps. As I was finishing the last set, I realised I was doing chest fly instead of chest press! πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ No wonder it felt hard! In chest fly I can only do 3 kg per hand max! Well, I guess not anymore - today I was able to do 5 kg! 🀣🀣🀣