Ever heard of a yoga butt?

During summer, around June, I wanted to give my knee some rest to recover, and decide to do FB reach to do so. And then I got a glute/hamstring problem, which is nagging since then. I already then had the feeling all the stretching in the program was not doing my body as good as it was supposed to.

In December I had physical therapy, which was dry needling in the glute, trigger point treatment, all helped a bit but not enough. Had to do glute and hamstring stretches.

By the end of December PT suggested to see how it evolved. Since stretching was what I had to do as PT told me, I thought to start the fb beginner challenge together with beginner yoga breath with Adriene.

But now I have pain at the top of the behind legs just under the buttock when sitting. Googling on it I read that's a well known yoga injury of (again) overstretching the hamstrings, which can take very very long to heal! I now regret all the stretching, and will go back to PT to ask what to do.

Just shouting out my frustration.

Anyone recognizes this and knows what to do to make it heal as fast as possible?

I keep finding myself searching for ways to workout and making my body stronger and more flexible, and bumping into more problems instead of getting better.

O adding to this: my knee is good now hahah, just realized this. We mostly tend to forget the good part 🙂

Edited