Stress fracture

Hello lovely Blenders,

I wasn’t around for a while. Hope you are all staying safe and healthy.

Since early last summer I have problems with my big toe. Nothing major. Only painful when doing lunges, planks or exercises where the toe has to carry a lot of weight. I tried to get an appointment with my physiotherapist late summer, because the toe didn’t want to get better. Just a day ago I finally managed to get an appointment. I was thinking about cancelling the appointment, because we are in lock down and only emergencies should be treated, and I had just a bit of pain in my toe. So, I felt a bit embarrassed going to the physio just because a bit of pain. But good that I did. After the physiotherapist checked my toe, he said that this looks pretty much like a stress fracture, caused through my exercises and that I can quit high impact exercises for the next 6-8 weeks. I have to say I absolutely love HIIT and moving around. My physio noticed my frustration and said, if I don’t keep my food still, he will put it, not into a cast but those physio/ therapy shoes/boots. Sorry don’t know how they are called.

So, I’m trying to figure out what kind of exercises I can still do. But even a simple UB strength training puts a bit much pressure on the toe, depending on the exercise. I was never in the position, since I’m with FB (around five years) to modify much of the exercises. What I want to say is, that such a situation is very new to me and I was wondering, if you have some suggestions of nice workouts, which I could try?

Thank you for reading.

I wish all a great day.