Push-up Group - Week 2: Check in

Hello fellow pushers,

how are you doing? Have you set your goals for your push-ups? Have you trained? How did it go? For those new to the group - did your plans work? Did you have to make adjustments?

The first day I tried my push-ups, I felt even with 4 push-ups, I was aiming too high. The negative push-ups the day after were HAAARD, again I thought, maybe I need to change up and step back further. The next days went ok and I was happy, I actually followed my program in full. On Monday then, I had to do my 4 push-ups, but for some reason I thought I already had planned 5, so I did 5 and did surprise myself. I actually managed to get my one set of 2 push-ups with more range of motion than previously. I can't squeeze out a third push-up yet, but I was able to do 2 push-ups with almost ok form. Progress. Not sure I can repeat the same result later today when I do my 4(!!) full push-ups, but I know it is possible and that was a nice motivator after the almost set backs the days before.

I also did FB complete these days (started last Thursday) and stretched every evening, just as I planned. This has helped with my back and neck tension and also encourages me to keep doing this practice. And FB has so many wonderful short stretching videos, that even all I can do is 5 minutes of stretches at the end of the day, I will find something to do. Often times however, I end up doing longer stretching sessions (longest one thus far was 45 minutes and included 3 videos and may body felt heavenly the next day).

So tell me - how did your first week go?

For all those stumbling upon the group for the first time: In this group we try to improve our push-ups. We set our own goals, based on where we are at and train for them. This group simply helps with exchanging information, accountability and cheering eachother on. You can join and start training at any time.