In search of perspective

I’ve been in two minds whether to post anything since I’m almost convinced that this is merely me being ridiculous, but the nagging doubt won’t go away, so here goes...

Is everyone on here really fit? I can spot the beginners easily enough, but I find myself noticing more and more the people who seem to do three programs at once. I though I was in pretty good shape but I’m wondering if I’m not actually underachieving, since I seem to have stumbled into a world where you have to do a challenge alongside a program, and run five times a week on top of that.

Just for full disclosure, I’ve just finished week 2 of Fit2. So far I’ve done every workout (high impact), every extra credit, several additional extra credits of my own, walked 5-7km every day and done a two or three yoga classes each week. I thought I was doing well. But still the feeling remains that I’m falling short. Every post seems to confirm: “I’m doing Abs with Mass.” “I’m doing Bodyweight plus You Choose.” “I’m doing Complete plus Strong plus Fit 1 AND 2”. OK, I exaggerate slightly.

Am I being ridiculous? Am I just focusing on things that confirm my anxiety rather than viewing them with a more balanced perspective?

I realise that this is rather rich coming from someone who uses their cat as a profile picture, but part of me wishes I knew what people actually looked like, so that I didn’t spend all my time assuming that the rest of the community is made of six-packed, rippling Amazons and gladiators... *sigh.

Go on, tell me I’m daft. Please.

*Edit: just wanted to express immense gratitude to everyone for the kindness, encouragement and general good sense that’s been shared. It’s greatly appreciated.

Edited