L

Rest day conveniently scheduled on core day....GUILTY!

You guys probably already know this but me and core days are not friends.... I’ll do strength training, HIIT, yoga and even Pilates but you will rarely see me doing core day 😬. Eeeeek it’s pretty bad!! Usually the programs schedule core work as either extra credit or alongside a cardio workout which either means I skip the EC or only do cardio... resulting in being strong everywhere but my midsection. It used to make me upset but now it makes me laugh 😂 I’m such a cheat and it needs to stop. For example today was a “cardio core” day and in amongst my busyness I looked at it and went “nah”. Anyone else skimp out on working particular muscle groups?

My solution to this little issue is to complete my “February abs challenge” which is scheduling fb abs round 2 for February and showing up for myself and try to push myself through all the mental barriers that often get in my way when doing ab work; such as being bored, not feeling it, feeling like it’s too much effort, it being uncomfortable or too sore. Cheers to getting outside our comfort zones! What have you done thats pushed you outside of your comfort zone?