Posted in: FB Team / FB Team Posts

FB Complete Day 4 // Stress & workout intensity

Hello FB Family,

We just finished the advanced workout option for Day 4 of FB Complete. We only had one set of dumbbells with us today so Daniel used those and I used a resistance band. I was happy to go through the workout with the band because I have been planning on filming some resistance band upper body workouts so, good practice!

This picture is from yesterday’s Day 3 workout. I was so tempted by that HIIT workout under the advanced option, but we had just finished a 4 hour meeting and a very turbulent day of news, and we both felt exhausted, wiped out. Still, after sitting all day long, we felt like we needed to move a little. So instead of skipping the workout all together, we were able to show up for ourselves by doing the beginner workout option. Much better than skipping the workout altogether & the movement ended up being good stress relief.

Don’t forget that you have that option too - you can always opt for a lighter workout for yourself, or even a rest day. Exhaustion, stress, grief, highly emotional periods - all of these things are mentally and physically taxing & should be taken into consideration with your workout intensity. During those time periods, you might find that you crave an intense workout, and that’s just fine. But if you feel like a slow and easy workout - or rest - might be better for you, you should treat yourself to just that.

I know we have been saying this for 11 years now, but truly, listening to your body is key.

Looking forward to Day 5. Hope you’re all feeling well and staying safe.

Kelli