HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group January 4th

Good morning (or afternoon) all you Blendfriends, and welcome to our first Monday in 2021. It's been great reading check-ins lately from some new friends and some old friends, so I would like to repeat that we appreciate our silent Blendfriends too, and I hope you feel welcome.

It's a bit of a late check-in here, because I overslept by quite a lot! This is less a problem than it might appear, as I am enjoying my very last day of winter vacation. I always try to use one vacation day to make my return-to-work week shorter.

Today will be a full day for me. New bread is in the oven, and I will do a small grocery run, sweep the floors, other nice domestic activities. And if I am truly brave, I will try skiing again. I had this problem with the bicycle -- the balance is different, the movement is unfamiliar, and, as a fairly klutzy person, I do not like it. But once I broke through on the bicycle and gained confidence, it became a beloved activity. Skiing is harder for me to "break into", because there are fewer days with the right conditions, but I mean to try. And with that in mind, here is today's quote.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

― Winston S. Churchill

Today's regular workout for me was Day 2 of the Beginner challenge. I liked this low-impact cardio workout; it's a good one for gently working pretty much all the body and finishes with a nice peaceful neck stretch, which I needed. I may add "Daniel's favorite stretches for a stiff sore back", because I still feel the shovelling a bit. Or I may go have breakfast.😜

Have a great Monday, everyone!