Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

2021 goals

Hi everyone ! Hope you all doing well. I was thinking about what goals I wanted to achieve this year regarding fitness and thought I would share them with you all. Lately, I've been indulging myself a bit too much, so it's time to get back to work.

2021 goal : 2000K (1242 miles) walked/run. (excluding the usual walks like to the grocery store, town hall, etc...) It's a big goal (for a sedentary man like me at least), that I'm not sure I could do in a normal year and with covid restrictions it can be doomed pretty early on. It would likely require me to walk almost everyday for a total of 38 km a week on average for a year. But well it's not about the goal, it's all about the journey ! And after a year of health struggles and stay at home order, it's what I want to do. Can't argue with that ! :D

1st quarter goals : focus on overall fitness improvment. January : core workouts everyday (I neglected and still neglect that part too often) as an extra credit ; February : get under 89 kgs/196 lbs (currently 94.6 kg/ 208 lb) ; March : bump up the lower body strength training.

2nd quarter goals : Bump up the weekly walks/run to at least 40k. April : specific training - 2 hill workouts a week ; May : Wear ankle weights for each walk/run ; June : focus on stretching sessions, flexibility and stability of ankles.

3rd quarter goals : Bump up the weekly walk/run to at least 60k, most likely 70 to 80k to catch up if the early months have been bad. July : at least 1 30+k walk ; August : focus on increasing the distance run ; September ; Focus again on stretching sessions

4th quarter goals (at that point I should be somewhere between 1600-1700 to be able to reach the 2000k goal) : Focus a bit more on upper body as the distance walked/run decrease with the temperature :) October : push up challenge ; November : Focus on upper back strength training ; December : wild card.

Will keep you updated on the progress.