Weekend đź‘»checkin: 2-1-2021

Hey there lovely blenderbuddies! How’s life with you today?!? I am actually quite excited... I am typing this as the very first ghost of 2021, but what’s even more exciting...I am typing this on my new iphone11! My old phone (a refurbished iPhone7) no longer had enough battery power etc etc, nice excuse for hubby to treat me with this one! Sorry, this checkin should not just be about me. So let’s hear it from you: is there anything you are excited about today? Or are you having a nice uneventful, i.e. happily relaxing day? This second day of the new year is giving us nice bright sunshine here with air temp of 1 degree centigrade and sea temp of 9 degrees. Which brings me to our next topic:

Workouts! What are you planning today? Does your calendar show anything nice, new, exciting, lovely, “threatening”?! Are you looking forward to it? Or dreading it? I had a nice 10 min seaswim this morning. With the sun being out it felt much more pleasant than yesterday. Mind you, still got very cold and definitely frozen feet again. I might, stress on might, do a short upper body strength workout later on. But not definite yet. Tell me about your plans?

And what about foodwise? What’s going on in the food department? I just had lunch: two wraps with peanut butter, couldn’t be bothered to make it more exciting. Hopefully dinner will be better, in fact it will be, because hubby’s is cooking. He mentioned pasta and I saw some salmon in the fridge. Should be lovely! How about your menu today? Did you have a big breakfast feast? Lunch feast or even dinner feast?! Any new recipes you are excited about?

My pic today is nothing brilliantly botanical (sorry Raven), nor woefully boring (as in yet again another pic of me in the sea...), no, I thought I’d show you a boardgame Christmas bestowed on us. Forbidden Island, we love it, it’s cooperative instead of competitive. All players have to work together to beat the game. We are properly addicted to that at the moment! Do you have any favourite boardgames? Or maybe you are more into books or films? What’s your favourite boardgame, book or film? Are you a netflix person?

Anyway, enough of me, let’s hear it from you. Looking forward to your replies!

Edited