Push-up Group - Week 13: Results

So here we are fellow pushers, at the end of this year's push-up challenge.

Starting point: 1 push-up with mediocre form

Original goal: 10 push ups in one go.

Reset goal: 2 push-ups with good form

Actual result: 2 push-ups with ok form

So in 12 weeks I managed to double the number of push-ups I can do. :D On the other hand, I did not manage to get to my original goal - not even close.

I am close to my reset goal and I am happy about this, this past week, as you can see, I did not train much, because of a stiff upper back and neck.

What have I learned? To do an exercise with good form is hard and requires as lot of practice. I also underestimated push-ups. K&D and those who can do good push-ups make it look so easy. But when you are just learning to do them the proper way, they are hard. They take time, they take practice. Still, I did make progress - I improved my form tremendously on my knee push-ups, I have gotten stronger.

So, tell me - how much progress did you make? Will you continue training next year? What are your main push-up challenges?

With this I am closing the push-up training for this year (except for the once that are part of my scheduled workouts). On January 7th, I will come back with a new push-up plan for January, because I surely intend to reach my orginal goal.

Till then - enjoy the holidays, stay safe and stay healthy, so we can keep on pushing next year.